New York, NY
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Vida Capital Management is a multi-billion-dollar alternative asset management firm that manages both evergreen and closed-end fund structures on behalf of leading pension plans, insurance companies, endowment & foundations, family offices, and high net worth clients. Vida specializes in insurance-linked strategies with a predominant focus on both life and non-life risk and continues to build out its platform in structured credit and private lending. With capabilities in investing, originating, structuring, and servicing, Vida provides differentiated investment opportunities and capital solutions for investors globally.
Vida is searching for a Structured Settlement Payment Transfer Underwriter to join our team to help underwrite, analyze, and close structured settlement payment transfer investment opportunities. Below are a list of responsibilities and qualifications:
Education and Qualifications:
For the right candidate, this position can be remote.
Salary range is $60-000 – $120,000. Salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role.
Vida is currently searching for an Analyst in our Credit Operations team to help support our growing credit business. The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, all facets of the operations process related to structured credit, asset based financing and special situations. This role will engage with investment professionals (including portfolio managers and traders), our infrastructure teams, (including accounting, finance, tax, compliance, legal) and third-party service providers in managing and controlling the daily portfolio activities for our investment products. The ideal candidate understands the securities trade life cycle, and has experience with private debt, structured credit, fixed income, and credit derivative assets.
Salary range is $70-000 – $120,000. Salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role.
New York, NY
The Investor Relations Analyst is responsible for assisting in the coordination of, and providing support for, the investor relations and communication efforts of the Firm. The ideal candidate should have a drive to learn the Firm’s various asset classes, should have strong project management and analytical skills, should be well spoken, and should exhibit an aptitude for maintaining and deepening existing investor relationships.
Salary range is $75-000 – $95,000. Salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role.
This position will report to the Director of Corporate accounting. Analyst is responsible for all AP and AR functions including but not limited to creating invoices, tracking receivables, posting cash payments in the accounting system and tracking daily cash activity in the bank. The role is also responsible for all vendor management functions including, but not limited to confirming new or updated banking information, answering vendor inquiries, processing their mailed and emailed communication, and yearly 1099 filling. In addition, the role will work closely with other accounting and operations groups to investigate and reconcile cash proceeds as needed. On an ad hoc basis the analyst will be asked to prepare reconciliations, generate reporting as needed by the corporate accounting team, and support in all external audit inquiries. The position works in a noticeable role with a high degree of independence and accountability.
· Prepare monthly journal entries in support of month end activities.
· Accounts payable and receivable processing across 15 entities.
· Edit/enter/process a high volume of vendor invoices into accounting software and allocate expenses across various intercompany related and dependent entities.
· Maintain allocation schedules with related parties.
· Reconcile and investigate any discrepancies and anomalies in related party transactions with the fund accounting team.
· Process weekly payments (checks, wires, ACH) requests and ensure timely delivery to vendors and business partners.
· Independently reconcile a high volume of monthly credit card activity.
· Process employee reimbursements.
· Receive and process income mail for the accounting department.
· Be the primary contact for all vendor inquiries for the corporate accounting department and respond in a timely manner.
· Vendor card maintenance.
· Prepare 1099 filings on an annual basis and support inquiries throughout the year regarding same.
· Assist with yearly corporate audits conducted by external auditors.
· Be apt to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment.
· Self-starter and strong ethical standards.
· Superior analytical abilities, quickly relate and unite information, and surmise logical outcomes.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Dedication to meet critical team deadlines.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Collaborate to drive new initiatives introduced to the corporate accounting group.
· Continuously seek to enhance knowledge, self-improvement, and better understanding of the tools used.
· Contribute to develop a team-based culture.
· 2+ years of accounting experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field required.
· Strong GAAP principles and financial reporting knowledge.
· Experience in public accounting is highly valued.
· Intacct and Expensify (or similar) experience preferred.
· Extraordinary time management skills preferred.
· Experience with intercompany relationships preferred.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, with executive offices in NYC, Vida Capital Management is a multi-billion-dollar alternative asset management firm that manages both evergreen and closed-end fund structures on behalf of leading pension plans, insurance companies, endowment & foundations, family offices, and high net worth clients. Vida specializes in insurance-linked strategies with a predominant focus on both life and non-life risk. The firm was recently acquired by private equity sponsors including Red Bird and Reverence. The private equity sponsors are supporting the development of new investment verticals including the Asset Based Finance Lending team.
The Asset Based Finance Team is Vida’s in-house team dedicated to sourcing, analyzing, and executing alternative investment opportunities. The team is focused on opportunities in specialty finance, litigation finance and multifamily real estate finance. Vida Capital has many adjacencies to insurance related investments and the Asset Based Finance team develops products that fit for insurance company balance sheets as there is both internal and external insurance company balance sheet available for investments.
Vida is searching for an associate to join their newly founded Asset Based Finance Team based in Manhattan to help grow the team’s capabilities. The team currently operates in a very flat structure and the successful candidate will be required to perform many duties and interact with all levels of the firm.
Education and Qualifications:
Salary range is $150-000 – $250,000. Salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role.
New York, NY
Vida Capital is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized IT Support Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in providing direct and remote support for all areas of IT. You will work closely with the IT Director to update systems as needed, troubleshoot problems, configure, and implement new technologies, and provide remote support for IT issues within our organization. This position is located in NYC.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
Salary range is $60-000 – $105,000. Salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role.
Vida is vertically integrated with Magna Life Settlements, one of the largest licensed life settlement providers in the industry. If you are interested in Careers at Magna Life Settlements Please Click Here.